Mimura

Years ago, instead of one single village, Mimura was three separate hamlets. Each hamlet dedicated itself to providing the local lord with important trade goods and commodities. The eastern portion, Jingore, was dedicated to farming, the southern, Ubanoru, to trade, while to the northwest Omiatsu housed important nobility and tourists during the pleasant seasons.

The hamlets did not always get along. The peasantry resented the well-to-do merchants and the merchants resented the lush gardens of the nobility. Over time, resentment turned to open hostility and a few peasant revolts have erupted in the villages' angry past.

Carefully and thoughtfully, past lords negotiated peaceful agreements with the hamlets rather than run the risk of bloodshed. Over time, as the villages expanded and grew closer together, little remained to distinguish one hamlet from another. Of course, the unmistakable districting that takes place even today makes it clear to those living in Mimura, but few visitors take notice, marveling instead at the Imperial Road.

159 years have passed since Lord Ota Yurabe consolidated all of the hamlets into a single village, naming it Mimura. The village is at the junction of two imperial roads, one which heads from the lands of the Crab north through Crane territory and eventually to Otosan Uchi while the other extends from Mura Sabishii Toshi to Scorpion and eventually Lion lands. 

Before the Clan War, this meant that quite a bit of trade flowed through the village. When war broke out, Mimura was one of the first to suffer as Crab and then Lion forces used those well-maintained roads to march armies to strike at the Crane. The village which once was home to nearly 1000 villagers and 40 samurai now has around 300 villagers and only a small group of samurai.

With the war coming to a close, there is opportunity for regrowth. Will Mimura once again become an important contributor to the clan's economy?

Mimura

L5R: Chronicles of the Ota chakuva chakuva